CUCV charging woes

From: SteelSoldiers (steelsoldiers@steelsoldiers.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 14:30:26 PST

Hi List,
I'm still fighting with my CUCV charging system. I have had both of my alts
checked and they are both putting out 100amps and their volts too. No
problem. But...the back battery is not getting charged. The pass. side
alt. is not charging in the vehicle, only on the test stand. I checked over
my wiring and I couldn't find any broken connections or anything else
suspicious. The alt in question has a new regulator, diode trio, brushes,
and bearing. The in dash voltmeter is sitting in between the green and the
yellow, not where it used to sit, about half way in the green. Has this
happened to any of you guys. Are there any relays that go bad in the
charging circuit? Also, does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram from
the TM that you could scan and send to me? Thanks for any help.
Sincerely,
Chris Stansbury
Memphis, TN
webmaster, www.steelsoldiers.com