Re: [MV] jerry cans

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 13:40:27 PST

While unfortunate, it is true that there are other folks out there with the
initials of U.S.M.C., and while it's fun to claim, in jest, that all things
marked U.S.M.C., or designation as "Marine" belong to, or are/where intended for
the Corps, even I can't see how we Leathernecks can lay claim to an entire
production run of Jerry cans.

I know that the U.S.M.C. had their own issue of HBTs (with the U.S.M.C. buttons,
etc.), and we had the cross-flap canteen covers with the enlarged drainhole
(which I would think were simply purchased from a different vendor, and not
produced exclusively for the Marine Corps), and a few other articles that the
Marine headshed felt we needed that weren't in the Army inventory.

 But Jerry Cans?

I would be interested if anyone has compiled a listing of gear produced soley
for one service over another. If not, I'll add it to the "things to do after I
win the lottery" list.

Cheers,

Bill