Re: [MV] Dump Truck Info

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 20:03:13 PST

I've got a M342A2 listed for sale for a friend of mine. It's an original
miliatry 2.5 ton dump. Overall condition is good. It's a '66 Kaiser
non-turbo. I used the truck to move fill dirt on my property and it worked
well. I put a new soft top, muffler and some service parts on it. The beds on
the deuce dumps are small for some people but that version of the deuce is
rare. Another option is to convert your M35 to dump. I can do the conversion
for about $2000USD. I just got a M51A2 in that has a fairly recent power pack
and transfer. They robbed the bed off the truck but I'll have the replacement
on shortly, that truck will go for less than $8000USD. Power steering and
lock out hubs are easy to install but expensive to buy. Install the hubs on
air shift trucks only. Unless you're parallel parking your deuce everyday, I
think, it is an expensive gimmik. Besides, you need the exercise!
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com