Re: [MV] M49 fuel tanker question--CDL

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 16:59:15 PST

Ron; CDL license minimums are governed federally. States can inpose tighter
regulations on what they perceive as commercial vehicles. As a rule, any
vehicle not for hire with a gvw of less than 26,000 pounds doesn't require a
CDL. I'm a deputy sheriff here in florida and just to be sure, talked with
one of our commercial vehicle enforcement dudes. He assured me that the CDL
would not be required in florida. Be careful if your M-49 has fuel placards
on it, the truck police might want to talk to you. Most of the truck police
will probably just want to b.s. more than flex their muscles. As a loose
rule of thumb, most police enforce attitudes more than laws. Good luck &
keep 'em rolling.!!!!!!!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL
Reo M-275 tractor (not home yet)