Re: [MV] 6TL Question (thanks)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 07:13:41 PDT

I just wanted to say thanks for all the info on my battery question. The
synopsis that I have gathered is this; Although the 6TL fits the battery box
as it is designed, the battery is not that impressive of a performer. I've
heard that even a pair of standard "car" batteries will start the truck OK,
and I can tell you that it does. So, should I spend $240 for correct
batteries, $100 on 2 civie batteries or spend $240 (+/-) for a pair of the
proven Optimas and have super starting power. For my once civilian
influenced tractor, I'll stick with whats lying around, for now. When its
time to replace, I'll really look hard at the Optima batteries, especially
here where the summer temerature is just a bit cooler than hell. Of course
had this been a correct registration, there would have been no choice. Of
course, if one puts Optima batts in their restoration, they should also put
on radials and power windows. Once again, thanks list! Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL
'52 Stude M-275 tractor (it's alive)
(finally home after 1250 mile flat tow)