Re: [MV] Weapon-laden vehicle brings charges for man

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 15:44:39 PDT

John,
    You gave some of the best advice I've seen on this subject!
Get to know your cops.. you are paying their salary and most are fascinated
with weaponry and history or they wouldn't
be cops... now since cops are human there are several who don't realize you
are spending your hard earned cash creating
a living memorial to our war heros that local people get to see up close
and personal. When they don't know who you are is
when they get freaked out or over react. I'm not making excuses for what
happened in this situation, but offering suggestions on
how to avoid it in the future..
Jess Minton
42 GPW
Arlington, TX
P.S. Those of you with real armor (M-16 1/2 tracks, Stewarts and
such) could make great friends by offering to drive the thing next
time the cops need some armored entrance equipment. I think
you would find most cops (at least here in Texas) are more
curious about the hobby than anything else.