Re: [MV] Lights and Sirens on MVs (An unpopular view)

From: Dave Brubaker (b52d@piace.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 12:08:49 PDT

To all concerned.....

I have no intention of impersonating a police officer on the roadway. I
trailer or tow my vehicle everywhere it goes and it was always my intention
to cover the light, regardless of color, with a canvas cover. When towing
the vehicle I turn on the emergency flashers provided as part of the turn
signal package. I also have an M-60 machine gun which I do not feel is
necessary to display on the vehicle when it is in transit. When I display
the vehicle, if the location is a school or such place, even though it is
not a firing weapon I leave it at home or simply choose not to attend that
particular function. Image for us is everything, we have to put our best
foot forward to the public and not look like a bunch of wanna be nut jobs
playing soldier.

What I do care about is representing the vehicle in as accurate of a fashion
as possible. If I am going to build a security police vehicle and take it
to shows and such, I feel obligated to represent the vehicle as honestly as
possible if for no other reason that out of respect for those who really did
that job. I also volunteer at a museum where accuracy is the word of the
day and I agree that historical accuracy is the best route. We already have
people among us who have no idea about Korea and Vietnam, restoring the
vehicles is my way of trying to help remember. I know that sounds smarmy
but it is nonetheless the truth about how I feel.

While I like driving my vehicle I do not particular enjoy tooling around
town in it as I live where there is an active military base and again, do
not have the intention of representing myself as a member of that
establishment. Early journeys around town elicited that sort of response and
I decided then there not to do it.

If there are people out there in various clubs who are doing something
wrong, the word should be given to them directly, not just as a shotgun
blast upon the readers as a whole, it is a far better method.

Famous quote "The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

David & Donna Brubaker
Member MVPA
M-151A2
http://www.piace.com/~b52d/