Re: [MV] Cool truck on Ebay (update)

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 05:17:45 PST

Cool truck....not an expert on vehicles this recent, but think this is one of
the pre-production prototypes built by Tactical Truck (no, not Jeff Symanski,
but the joint venture of GM and Bowen-McLaughlin-York) to try to win the FMTV
contract (which of course Stewart and Stevenson won). With the VIN number of
3 that supports my position. While the engine and tranny are stock items,
many other pieces would be one-off and a real bear to replicate.
Nevertheless, it is certainly worthy of preservation....wouldn't one of you
guys like to have Ford GP #3? I'd like to have the pre-production prototype
of the big deuce Studebaker built to unsuccessfully compete with the Reo
M-35...but alas it appears to have been scrapped long ago.

My .02,
David Doyle