Re: [MV] M35A2 Question

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 14:58:38 PST

Well, I have no direct experience with this problem, but....
Virtually any fluid is heated when pumped...this is a problem with pressure
washers and hydraulic systems...I suppose that this could be a factor with
fuel injection systems as well. What was the fuel level in the tank when
this occurred? The more fuel intank, the more the returning fuel would be
cooled. Is this a naturally aspirated engine, or turbosupercharged? The
muffler/exhaust is relatively near the fuel tank on the naturally aspirated
trucks, although I think this is a real stretch.
There could be a problem with the intank fuel pump...a pinhole in the
discharge line COULD mist fuel inside tank. I would not think that a problem
with the intank pump could cause the heating...the amp draw should blow the
fuse....assuming the fuse has not been bypassed.
This is the classic trivia question...how many fuses are on a M35A2??? One,
mounted on top of electric fuel pump.

Though likely unrelated, I am assuming the tires have been replaced with
something larger than 900x20 in order to get 68 mph out of engine governed to
2700 rpm no load.

Sorry no cut in stone answer.
DD