Re: [MV] M35A2 Question

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 17:07:22 PST

This is the same reason that your manual for your civilian means of
transportation says don't run near empty. The pump in the tank is an electric
motor, it is cooled by the fuel. If its coolant is not there it will get hot,
usually not that hot but they will get hot enough to ruin themselves. I am
guilty of running my civilian trucks which have two tanks down too low and thus
having messed up a couple of pumps over the years.