[MV] EUC

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 17:22:04 PST

It wasn't all that long ago that M35A2 trucks sold via national sales
required an EUC, a much simpler one than is being used now, but
those on local sales did not require one. As to the delays on 0506,
an explanation that I got from GL was that extreme background
checks are being made on buyers that had to submit an EUC. I
guess the government is going much deeper into their investigations
than they did years ago when I underwent investigation prior to being
supplied a contract. No doubt that the events of September 11, has
made them much more cautious about who gets what. People may
have illegally exported some trucks, aggravating the present situation.
What I can't understand is that if it's taking months and months to do
background checks, issue contracts and Form 97's, why are more
trucks being listed on the sale lists? Seems to me they're creating a
more serious problem by increasing the present backlog.
Joe Young
Ps: I should say IF they're issuing, since I don't know anyone that has
taken possesion of trucks on any sales held in the last several months.