Re: [MV] Mr. Wright of GL

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 15:46:15 PST

> Thanks for showing interest in the concerns
> that we as collectors and dealers of MV's share.
> My original 12 point letter was a compilation
> of comments from this list as well as my own
> personal view.
>
> Here are a couple of comments on titling and taxing
> trucks and equipment that would apply to me here
> in Texas, and perhaps to other states as well:
>
> 1. Texas has adapted a new "cost" when bringing
> trucks from other states ($275). I believe this
> is being called an inspection fee. (I am calling
> my county tax office for a correct definition).
> When my trucks came with a form 97 the tax was
> not required. (This is above the actual
> inspection fee where you get a sticker for your
> windshield).

I had run into the $275.00 'fee' when trying to bring
my truck in from California to Texas and get the green
certificate to transfer the title to Texas. It would
appear after talking with the TNRCC (who was behind
this) that this 'fee' was attempted in California and
struck down as unconstitutional. Therefore, according
to folks at both the DMV and the TNRCC, the fee never
went into effect in Texas. It looks like we're safe
for now on this.

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV