Re: [MV] Crank case ?

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 17:17:17 PST

Hello Joe, it's Rob here.

Was your breather valve stuck open or stuck closed ?
Do you remember. Interested to know what condition would case the moisture
buildup in the sump pan.

Joe wrote; <MVTrucker@aol.com>
It Turned out to be a stuck crankcase breather vent valve. That's the gadget
on the tube that runs from the side of the engine to the intake manifold. I
took it apart, cleaned it and reinstalled the valve and that cured my
problem.

By the way, I just picked up a stuck flathead 4 cyl with a T-90 and a
Transfer case. The lot for $25
The transfer case was dissasembled for some strange reason. However, there
is absolutely No wear on any shaft or gear teeth. This case is pristine. Now
to pull the top off the t-90 and the engine.
I suspect water damage inside the cylinders.

Rob P.
Upstate Ny area near Syracuse.
'42 MB Been to #ell and back
'46 CJ2A Fully Rebuilt Eng. not yet intsalled
'47 CJ2As Really Rusty one Runs (two jeeps)
Two CJ5s great engines - bad tubs
1, Surrey jeep. soon to have Toyota Celica eng. + Tranny