Re: [MV] Crank case ?

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 11:34:32 PST

--- John Best <besty@americu.net> wrote:
> I checked the dip stick and noticed a whitish-gray
> foam on it. I hope this is a result of poor
> crankshaft venting because of excess idling and /or
> not driving it? Does anyone know
> if this is just a minor weather thing?

Last time I saw whitish-grey foam on my M38A1
dipstick, it was because voluminous amounts of coolant
were dumped into the crankcase while the engine was
running. (A valve on the #4 cylinder sheared off and
shattered the piston, thus causing a large hole in the
block...a long, messy story...engine was rebuilt and
had about 2500 miles on it...machine shop had
apparently screwed up the head...)

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV