Re: [MV] Stuart Turret Bearings Wanted

From: Claude W. Vaughn (vaughn@totalaccess.net)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 07:31:38 PST

John,

I do not think the turret is supported by tapered bearings (unless you are
referring to the outside diameter bearing surface).

I could not find a crossover from the SKF number 466317 to another
manufacturer.

Both of my Stuart parts books (1943 & 1944) describe the turret support
bearings as:

G103-03-00255 (Stock Number)
A143699 (Ordnance Number)
ND-77610A (Manufacturer Number (New Departure))
BEARING, ball, annular, single row, 1.9685 bore, 5.1181 OD, 1.2201 thick.

I crossed this over to a Bower (BCA) number. The BCA book called out the
number 310SS. I checked the specifications for this bearing and the dimensions
are wrong. There appears to be a mis-print. I believe the correct Bower
number MAY be 410SS. This may be a hard to find bearing as it is unique in its
dimensions. The National Stock Number MIGHT BE:

NSN-3110-00-144-8542

If the original bearing has a taper on the outside diameter, the NSN might be:

NSN-3110-00-157-0199

Best to take the original bearing to a good bearing dealer.

Hope this helps...

Claude.