Re: [MV] perils of honesty

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 20:20:52 PST

Just as in my case, it appears you did nothing wrong.

The basic problem is eBay in that they do not have any provisions to referee the
FB process, or much else for that matter.. They simply refuse to deal with the
issues of wrongful FB. IMO, that's the core of the problem.

I believe they should fix this problem soon. Without such a fix, eBay is clearly
not the 'safe' trading place they purport to be, since there is really no
recourse to correct wrongs and get your money back if cheated.

Beyond that, I believe that they have a higher duty, since they are effectively
a monopoly.

Just my $.02 worth.. (ever notice no cents sign on computers?),
John