Re: [MV] up-date on my quest for insurance on duece

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 21:27:35 PDT

Jim wrote,

> I think the agents
>have a lot to do with whether or not they will insure your truck.

I think that is right on the money. This discussion has come up in the
past, and there was one on the Pinzgauer list I belong to last week. In
the case of the latter, the same insurance company in the SAME STATE gave
out two different answers. In one case the truck was insured without so
much as a care (they knew exactly what it was too), while another guy
called his local rep and was told "no way, not under any circumstances
will we insure a military vehicle."

I had no problems myself, but then again I live in an area which is VERY
used to dealing with oddball stuff.

My own advice, for what is worth, is to not take no for an answer.

Steve