Re: [MV] Greases, Oils

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 02:22:38 PDT

Hi Paul,
I'm not sure about the shaft you are working on, but I have worked on
some that have a "key" spline on them. One spline is slightly wider than
the rest and will only fit the corresonding "groove". If these are not
mated together the shafts may feel like they are starting to slip
together but will bind up almost immediatly as if they have a ding or
burr.

Most big truck shafts must be completely mated to install as there is
very minimal space to align the flanges with the gearboxes.

Hope this help,

Frank Cox
grntrks@juno.com
MVPA 14530