Re: [MV] ID tags and a drain plug and....

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 04:46:28 PDT

As to the "drain" plug, you are experiencing a common area
of distraught that greets a newbie to the multifuel. If you were
to read your Operators Manual, you would discover that the
hole in the bottom of the bellhousing gets plugged when
going fording. Oil dripping from the hole could be transmission
lube (if so, check for over filling and/or a plugged trans vent)
or, sadly. a rear main seal leak. Nothing to be real concerned
with if it's not a constant, serious drip. I bet 99% of these
engines drip some oil out of the rear seal.
Joe "Dead Battery" Young (the battery on my '53 Harley just took a dump...)