Re: [MV] Big Brother IS watching for sure!

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 08:15:11 PDT

> I don't see the gain, unless they want the armor off the street?
> Something more sinister?

I could easily see it as a way to take attention from whatever it is they
don't want the public watching... a scandal? an 'intervention'? Who cares
about a few hundred nuts with old army trucks? If we are more visible and
helping, as many have suggested on the list the past week or two ( at least
<g> ) then I think the chance of someone using MV owners as a focal point
goes way down.
We're not dealing with people, but politicians and bureaucrats. Like the
fellow in OK who had problems registering his old M151, but far worse.
Taking small steps to avoid the possibility of this occurring just seems
logical to me.

        Paul