Re: [MV] [MV] Who's Vehicle is it?  (was :  Big Brother IS watching for sure!)

From: Dave Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 12:04:04 PDT

The people who went to work in the towers last September had the blind trust
that someone was making sure it was safe for them and there families to go
about there lives that day without giving it any thought.
Some of them survived I doubt they feel safe today maybe the complacency has
returned though.
Boy the airlines are doing a bang up business now the public really has a
lot of trust in there ability to protect there lives.

The statement about the crazy nuts driving around in military vehicles
shooting automatic weapons was meant in jest.
Besides mine are all dewatt.
If an invasion force was strong enough to get inland in this country I doubt
anyone would be doing anything but retreating in a panic or dying on the
spot watching CNN.
I know the capabilities of our armed forces but what scares me is the holes
left up and down the California coast by base closures like Fort Ord and NAS
Moffett Field and NAS Alameda and a large list of others I feel naked here
in San Jose.
While we do have National Guard units they could not even handle crowd
control at a large party around here they are Terribly out numbered.

While you seem to have no trust in your neighbors I trust mine completely
and know they all would rise to the needs of the community around them at
there time of need why because I have seen it before after a huge earthquake
when there was no government to be seen for days.
It is times like this that the word Militia means nothing more than friends
helping friends watching out for each other.
A group of Men walking down the block checking to see if the gas got turned
off at everyone's home asking the simple question you alright do you need
anything.
In the LA riots when the Police pulled back because of fear and pandemonium
the pictures of the store owners holding the looters at bay as an organized
group is still in my memory.
Steve I think what you say is probably what most people feel right up to the
last second when they tell there family to get in the bath tub and throw the
mattress on top of them nothing wrong with that but your neighbors in most
cases will be the only help you have. When the utilities go down it is dead
silent except for the friendly voices of your neighbors digging you out.

If the government is accountable for its actions then where were the air
marshals on 9/11 why were six of the hijackers given Visa's six days
after they caused that awful destruction who is accountable for that where
were the trillions of tax dollars that day are we going to get an accounting
yeah by who a government by the people for the people yeah right give me a
break.
What were the air traffic controllers doing why had they not sent word to
scrambled fighters to divert the second plane did someone decide it was
safer to let the plane go into the second building rather than down
elsewhere when are we going to hear these things.
I saw on CNN that the New Jersey Air National guard has now built hot
hangers for F16's to sit loaded to bear waiting for that call to scramble
what were they doing September 11 how long before they scrambled where were
the Humvees and Stingers how did a plane get into the protection circle of
the Pentagon I want to know.
Is anybody but your neighbor going to be held accountable.
I choose to trust you people the vehicle collectors my friends and neighbors
and hope the government has learned a lesson the hard way.
By the way most of my neighbors are armed we know what each other has and we
know who knows how to use there firearms and those that don't other than
point and shoot sadly we have become a country of point and click.
We had a very large discussion on that subject at the last Neighborhood
meeting.
Neighborhood watch the new Militias of today.
And I do not think voting booths are safe Janet Reno may call in an air
strike on the ones in Florida. : ).... in jest again.

Block Captain
Dave
United We Stand