Re: [MV] Idea - Military Only Zone

From: ddoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 16:19:30 PDT

In a message dated Sun, 6 Oct 2002 1:19:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, milveh@sbcglobal.net writes:

> We could take a lesson Civil War Reenactors when it comes to separation of
> military from non-military. They really have nice turnouts because it looks
> civil war, its living history, not just another KOA camp
> ground.

The downside of this is brought to mind by the eighth word. There are those guys who are reenactors, who I respect, but I collect old trucks...that happen to be military. I have no desire to look "military" myself. I won't leave my vehicles unattended, nor will I sit around in a wool uniform and eat K rations. And then we would get into appropriatness of a WWI Liberty Truck, a HUMVEE, a CCKW, or a GAZ 4x4.

Not knocking your idea...just be careful, 'cause there is ripple effect to these things.

DD