Re: [MV] Idea - Military Only Zone

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 20:45:24 PDT

Jon & everyone,
         My wife has more WW2 uniforms than I've got! That doesn't even
touch the 3 footlockers of WW2 civilian clothes she has. It's quite cheap
to outfit the wife/kids in correct clothing. There's tons of books out
there on WW2 era clothing and there's hundreds of WW2 era clothes on EBAY
all the time. There are also repro WW2 era clothing patterns and vintage
clothing stores.
         Every WW2 reenactment and MV Show I've been to has WAC, WAVE,
SPAR, or Female Marine clothing available...and it's usually cheaper
because there's not as much of a demand for it.
         If anyone is at the Boonsboro, Md event in two weeks, I'll be
there with the 29th ID, and my wife & her friends will be there with their
field mess tent, cooking rations for the 29th ID. We'll have my jeep
there, but my wife will probably be driving it to get water, buy supplies,
carry food to the troops etc.
         We'll also be at Celebrate Freedom in Columbia SC the weekend of
November 10th. My wife will be there with AMI, the MTO field hospital
unit. She'll be working in the AMI mess tent...she used to portray a
Nurse, but enjoys working in the mess tent more. I'll be in the AMI
motorpool, talking with the public about the Dodge Ambulance and the Willys
jeeps, and their use in the field hospital. As patients are brought to the
hospital in the Ambulance, I'll also serve as a stretcher bearer and help
with transferring the patients to pre-op, to surgery, and to post-op.

Brian Mead
www.hardscrabblefarm.com