Re: [MV] M35 W active compensator

From: jalberhasky@juno.com
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 07:06:53 PDT

By bypassing the fuel compensator you are basically having the the
injection pump thinking it is running gasoline ( the conpensator movable
plate will remain in the lowest position) so the fuel plunger sleeve can
move up to its highest or higher position, under acceleration, thus
giving the engine a bigger "gulp" of fuel. Diesel fuel has much more
BTU's per gallon than gas( and Jet A) which = more power & heat. Instead
of bypassing the compensator on my duece, I adjusted it to supply a
higher rate over the entire range so I can still burn other fuels and get
fairly consistant power.

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:09:14 -0700 "Robert J.Wilson" <specwar@piace.com>
writes:the
> I have been running the last year with the fuel density compensator
> bypassed on my deuce. I was recently offered 350 gallons of Jet A
> that a
> local business wanted to get out of a tank they needed to reprocess
> for
> AV Gas, nothing wrong with the Jet A so I decided to take them up on
> the
> offer and reactivate my compensator(which I had never used) Now I
> notice
> that my acceleration is sluggish but the top end and idle remain the
>
> same, is this unusual? could bypassing the compensator actually have
>
> been feeding too much fuel to the motor? I have a Continental
> LDT-465-1C
> motor installed.
> Thanks,
> Ronert J. Wilson
> M35A2C

> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Jeff Alberhasky aka . SGT. ROCK MVPA 25554
US ARMY/USAR 25J/76Y 73-93
1985 AM General M-35A2
1968 M-105A1
2000 FXDL 1975 XL (1986 AMRA UBXL National record holder)