Re: [MV] DOT-3 vs DOT-5 problem. Got them mixed

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 17:32:28 PST

I asked this question in all innocence a year ago. From what I gather it
is asked every few months.
There was no clear answer tho the thread raged on for about a month. The
best I could say, trying to piece all the opinions together, was that yes
you can flush it out with DOT3 but I would suggest doing so 2-3 times. A
Gallon or two should do it. A few people pointed to articles showing bad
things would happen if you did not use a NASA approved Mr Clean solution to
purify the lines prior to introducing another fluid... but others pointed
out that they and others had just flushed the systems a few times and had
encountered no problems for years. And years. <g>

Good Luck.

        Paul