Re: [MV] NuclearAttack Medical Treatment

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 18:19:01 PST

>"OK here is the Paranoid Schiz in me"
>WHAT THE HELL IS FIXING TO HAPPEN??????

Continued distraction from the fact that our economy is sucking wind.
 While this non descript "Red Alert" nonsense goes on, a town nearby me
is emptying out with people selling 1,600 sq/ft houses for $21,000
because all 1200 employees in the local mill were laid off, which
effectively means this small town has no employment. Much easier to tell
everybody to be afraid and ducttape up their homes than it is to figure
out how to stop American jobs from being sucked away to other countries
(like the 1200 jobs I mentioned).

Sorry all... but the fact is each one of us has a greater chance of dying
in our bathtub, falling down stairs, or spattering ourselves on a tree
doing 70mph than we have being attacked by anybody. Yet you don't see
people running around like a chicken with their heads cut off over any of
the common day to day dangers that prove we are mortal.

Do I fear a bio attack on me? No. Do I fear getting shot by a hunter
half in the bag in November? No, even though the chances are FAR
greater. I wear my orange blaze and take my chances because no idiot
with a gun is going to prevent me from walking around my own land and
enjoying my life. And not terrorist idiot is going to do the same
either. If we give into fear and paranoia, they have done far more
damage than any attack ever could.

No offense to Dr. Mike at all here. Just trying to add some perspective
in general, not towards any one in particular. I am just getting really
tired of the perpetual war with not even a hint of a solution being
pushed forward except smoke and mirrors.

Steve