Re: [MV] [MV]Humor?

From: Mark Ehle (mehle@willard.lib.mi.us)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 11:09:43 PST

GOTAM35 wrote:

"I love police because I don't do anything illegal (nobody counts
speeding)."

Not doing anything illegal has nothing to do with trusting that cops
will do what's right.

I have a relative who, after being an exemplary public employee and
servant for 25 years, got on the wrong side of a civil rights battle
with our local town. He hasn't done anything wrong, yet the cops and
city attorneys are making his life hell, causing him to spend every
dollar he has, and ruining his formerly pristine reputation. You want to
know what is evil? This is. Our cops ARE bullies. I'll bet that
GOTAM35's cops are, too. He just hasn't had any negative interactions
with them yet.

I used to respect our police and local government, but now I realize
that our city commissioners are petty, racist, crooked little men, and
the local police are at the commissioners whim to ruin whomever tries
to shed a little light on our crooked little town. Our local fire chief
is a stupid, racist, sexist bastard who lied to get his job and still
has it. Meanwhile, there are women and black (and a few brave white
male) firefighters whose careers are being stunted by this SOB while the
city government, the city attorneys, and the police basically are
encouraging this to happen. I would have to believe that similar
situations exist in most towns in this nation.

And as far as Rodney King goes, whether he deserves to "have gotten his
but kicked," or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that the
police did not have the right to do it. The fact is that they did beat
him, however, and were stupid enough to have been videotaped. This is
not to say that the ensuing riots that occurred when the stupid cops
were acquitted were just. That was stupid, too.

MV content: Still looking for a new top for my M35, and a new driver's
seat with cushions, and a spare set of driver's seat cushions.

Mark Ehle
1970 AMG M35A2