Re: [MV] State Guard/Defense Force Members?

From: myrddin7@juno.com
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 14:46:49 PDT

a state defense force is an outgrouth of the home guard of ww1 and ww2.
we are covered under the state laws similarly to the national
guard,however we cannot be federalized and sent out of state.we serve at
the pleasure of the govenor or tag of the state we are in.public
service,search and rescue and disaster response are all part of the
duties.try the website for the state guard assosiatiation of the us.they
have more info and links to other sites.mike power