Re: [MV] vapor lock questions

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 02:43:23 PDT

Oh yeah.......I fergot the easiest fix.

         When I was a little kid in the fifties I used to see cement ten
wheelers all over town..old Autocars with White Super Mustang gas engines
powering them with the hoods totally removed to let the heat out and
prevent vaporlock. Olod style hinged hoods where you could lift one side at
a time or remove two bolts and lift entire hood right off truck. It worked too.

Jim

At 05:44 PM 5/4/2003 -0500, Dave Brubaker wrote:
>I think that I experienced a problem with vapor locking on my M151A2 this
>weekend. Least ways, that is what some of the old salts are telling me from
>our club.
>
>I do not really know a lot about this topic. What's worse is I really have
>no clue how to combat it. I have received suggestions yesterday that
>included wrapping wet rags on the gas line, clipping clothes pins to the
>line, cutting a grapefruit in half and sticking that on the fuel pump (still
>don't know if he was just trying to get me to look stupid or what).
>
>How do you effectively go about combating vapor lock and keep your vehicle
>from looking non-military?
>
>I am sure there are others on the list that may want to know as well, the
>warmer weather is coming!
>============================
>David & Donna Brubaker
>Member MVPA #18115