Re: [MV] MILDOCS.COM -- Deep Keyword Search Site for Electronic TMs...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 22:46:10 PDT

Hi Michael...

Usually it is pretty easy to do a search for a TM by its number on
MILDOCS.COM. However, sometimes you might get the most relevant match
being a different TM that has more mentions of the TM number in it.

Also, some of the ETMs have the referred-to TM titles spaced out, such
as "tm 9-6140-200-14". We can't figure out why the Army did this.
There is no way for us to really fix these except manually. So if you
used our upcoming TM Title search feature to search for "tm
9-6140-200-14", it would search for all of the following strings:

  tm 9-6140-200-14
  tm9-6140-200-14
  9-6140-200-14
  tm 9 6140 200 14
  t m 9 - 6 1 4 0 - 2 0 0 - 1 4
  ...and several other iterations.

The 108 hits you mention that MILDOCS.COM returns for a search of "tm
9-6140-200-14" are all various TMs, TBs, SBs, MWOs, etc., that MENTION
the title of the TM in them somewhere. Such a search can be useful
for identifying ETMs that may relate to your equipment for which you
know the number of the one ETM.

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

Subscribe to MILDOCS.COM Today and Enjoy: o Deep Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic MV Manuals o Build Custom ETM CD-ROMs for Only $1 per manual! o Now Available to Private Sector Users!

Go to http://www.MILDOCS.COM/