Re: [MV] Fw: [MV] First Tracks

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 23:15:25 PDT

Hi Jim,

If you are on a budget, armor is out of the question IMHO. No matter how
little you pay for the thing you will dump at least that much into it
again. Especially if it is "cheap", because you will likely need to put
that much into it just to get the thing running. It is not only the
vehicle and parts you have to be concerned with, but space and a heavy
aray of tools. If you don't have the latter, you won't have a vehicle to
drive around for very long.

I'd be surprised if you found a good condition tracked AFV for under
$15,000 that didn't need a serious amount of work done to it. Sure, it
could happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen to me :-) I
will someday have an AFV of some sort in my collection, but until then a
yard full of Weasels will have to do! Speaking of which, I found out
today that two porcupines are using my Weasel barn as a Love Nest. I
hate breaking up happy little homes, but I am serving them with an
eviction notice tomorrow (no, I ain't killing 'em <g>).

Steve