Re: [MV] Photos of dead Husseins

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 10:01:57 PDT

There is a hard lesson to be learned from these
photos, because a lot of people are under the mistaken
belief that shrapnell is the main cause of death from
missiles or bombs. Actually concusion and the air
blast that hurls bodies through the air to a sudden
stop impact is far more likely to be a cause of death.

Grenades are more intended to cause causalties, same
for hard point ammo, all designed to put a casualty
burden on the op force. A LAWS or it's big brother
the TOW is just the opposite. Does anyone know why we
stopped using the LAWS? Seemed like a pretty nice
weapon for infantry.

I guess the TOW is a more versatile and obviously more
accurate weapon. As somebody pointed out earlier the
TOW has to travel a certain distance before it is
armed. Good thing too, I sure wouldn't want to be any
closer than its minimum arming distance, thats for
sure! I've seen what they can do to a tank, imagine
being inside a building hit by one! Well, those pics
speak for themselve don't they?