re: COMMON SENSE

From: Cliff Smith (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 22:26:32 PDT

Listers;

I think that most of us that are replying are in the same mentality here.  Its surplus, and we get what we pay for.  Like all of this has said, UNLESS there is an implied or written guarantee, then there ISNT ONE!  I hope those that arent relpying feel the same way.

I have just gotten into the total scene here lately, about 2 years, and have made quite a few trades (with businesses and person-to-person) and paid a little money here and there.  But I have always been told or have told the other party what it is exactly that they are getting, or asked all the questions about what I was getting.  Bought a M880 and had the oil pressure guage (after market) blow hot oil on me at 50 mph!  Try to escape that in the front seat!Traded my Mutt for a Mule- got a really good deal!  I have talked many times to both parties about what to do, the quirks it has, how it leaks, how I treated it, and so on.  And just bought a M35A2 W/W hard top from GL for $650.  and a whole list of stuff is wrong with it on my inspection.  But I got what I paid for- no warranties!  ON ANYTHING!

Keep going Gene, I see all the stuff that you have listed, sold and heard from you about many things.  Its all good.  Yep if you want a warranty, get it in writting- it came with my '03 Crew Cab!  I asked for it!  And PAID A WHOLE CR$P LOAD FOR IT TOO.

Just my Humble .02

Cliff Smith
'?? M35A2
'77 M880