Re: [MV] HUMMWV new in the box $1750.

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 14:25:25 PDT

"By the way, I can't imagine why more HMMWVs will NOT
be released unless some twit in Congress gets a law
passed to crush them in the future."

****** Think the "law" has been in effect for some time now, already a
done deal.

The 750+/- HMMWVs already out their in the MV collector's world were
auctioned off by the Marines. They couldn't afford to fix the ones they
had, so they sold some off to fix the others. ...And they got busted!

***** The info I recal was that they "traded" the HMMV's for material
they could not purchase outright due to budgetary constraints (read, no $
). WHO they traded them to then made the deals wit the auction firms to
sell them off.

. Call me paranoid, but if they start crushing MV's rather than sell
them, it's
not that far fetched!

***** Hello paranoid. See the recent past history of M151 jeep series, &
gamma goats amongst others.