Re: [MV] Horn sound

From: william f cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 21:35:09 PDT

Don't have a source for them other than normal dealers, but just wanted
to let you know I acidentaly set mine off at 50 psi while messing around
filling the master cylinder, and nearly broke my neck in the steering
wheel when they went off!! Straight out of the "Three Stooges"!

Frank Cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Vietnam 1966
'45 GMC 353 DUKW
'66 M35A2 w/w
'68 M105A1

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:29:58 -0500 "Mr. Bones" <mrbones@ixks.com> writes:
> While we are on the subject of deuce air horns, I have a few
> questions:
> 1>Does anybody know of any .wav files of them on the net or in your
> own
> personal puter?
> 2>Does anybody know of a source for good takeoffs? I want to put
> them on
> several of my vehicles, both MV and otherwise.
> 3>What kind of PSI is required to sound them? have had locomotive
> horns many
> yrs ago, took like 200PSI to make them talk, vibrated lots of stuff
> loose
> once they did. Still was cool. :-)
>
> Tanks to all,
>
> T . Bones Morris