Re: [MV] deuce wipers

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 07:59:44 PDT

I always made my own glass cleaner from one level teaspoon of dish
washing detergent and one teaspoon of vinegar in a spray bottle and fill
the rest with water. I think this was in Popular Mechanics...years ago.
I even put in a few drops of cake coloring and made it look like Windex
but in a few weeks it turned green...maybe it was envy. Also it
mentioned that if your windshield needs cleaned out on the road and you
don't have anything to clean it with...the tobacco from a gigarette
rubbed on it will work. Never tried this one...but it sounds like a good
alternative use for smokes. Rain-x also makes a product that you just
wipe on and it cleans and conditions the inside of the windshield...or
so the box I'm looking at says. Fred Martin