Re: [MV] Wiring for Air Compressor

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 18:59:33 PDT

> It'll just need lots of amps.

None of the spec sheets I've seen have the Amps required listed. Nor
Watts... only Volts. My fuzzy recollection of working with electricity says
I need more than that to compute the amps required, both running and start
up.. Does that sound right? Or is there a way to pull the required amp info
from something like this

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00919260000&tab=specs#tablink

I can't afford to replace my electrical service, so am looking to do as
well as I can with what I now have. And am happy to avoid doing laundry if
it will help the compressor run. <g>

Thanks guys

             Paul