Re: [MV] M35 Parking Brake

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@charter.net)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 17:22:46 PST

APB,
I was wondering something along these lines myself as I am relatively new to
the duece and winch but have to learn to use both around the house with
projects. My emergency brake will stop the duece when placed in first gear
and let the clutch off. However, the winch will pull the truck forward with
the emergency brake as the only brake system.

A week ago I stopped by a truck stop and was looking at a device for about
$10 to $15 which is intended to lock the excellerator pedal in a fixed
position while working on the engine. I would imagine a tool like this
would also work on the brake pedal but not having this in mind when I looked
at the tool can't say if it is beafy enough to put the necessary pressure on
the brake pedal. The excellerator locking device hooked to the steering
wheel and to the excellerator pedal. Then it was adjusted (I don't recall
specifically how) to have the hooked ends push away from each other, thereby
pressing down on the excellerator pedal the specified amount. I don't see
why this type of system wouldn't also work on a dueces brake pedal.

I am tied up the next couple of weeks and can't work on the idea right now
but I may come up with a device on my own after that and will let you know
how it works.

Hope this is beneficial information to you.

Bill K.
MVPA #24623
1954 USMC M38A1
1972 US Army M35A2 non-turbo w/winch