Re: [MV] Deuce Engine Heater

From: rertman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 08:55:44 PST

Bruce:

I can't speak for the deuce engine, but the Cummins ISB in my '01 Dodge has
a block heater in one of the freeze plug holes and it works great. Keeping
the block warm results in heat migrating to the oil and I've had no starting
problems at -18 F. I suspect the pad will do just as well and the heat will
migrate to the coolant to keep it liquid. My only concern about the pad has
to do with the potential for damage by mud, snow, rocks, etc., hitting it
and damaging it. I've never used the pad so I don't know how resistant it
is to such damage.

If you have a URL for the folks who make the pad, please send it to me so I
can have a look at it.

Good luck,

Dick