Re: [MV] deuce in tank fuel pump

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 14:50:54 PST

Actually,

A lot of cars that are on the road today have in-tank fuel pumps. It
is easier to push the liquid than to suck it.
Also, a lot of water wells are submersible pumps now. Same theory.

As far as people getting high prices for pumps, if someone is willing
to pay it, they will continue to ask.

The thing to do, is scout around at club swap meets and wrecking yards
and get a spare before you need one. Or if you happen to buy a truck
that has a bad pump, you will already have one. Then you will be able
to get one at a fair price, rather than out of necessity.

Everyone that has an MV should always be on the lookout for parts for
their vehicle. The older the MV the faster and harder you have to
look.

John
MVPA #2697
Fresno, CA

>>> <rertman@ix.netcom.com> 12/9/03 1:38:12 PM >>>
Frankly, I'd like to hang the S.O.B. who came up with the ideal of
putting a
pump in the tank!! The best solution yet is to modify the tank with a
bottom
pickiup/screen and use an external pump. In-tank pumps are OK on
airplanes,
but I bet no MV'er wants to lay out several hundred to a thousand bucks
for one.

Dick

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>