Re: [MV] Changing Tires

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 19:05:02 PST

02¢ FWIW:

I spent 2.5 years working in a motor pool which consisted of 2 jeeps, half
a dozen pickups, 20 deuces and 30 or so 5 ton tractors ( plus tugs,
trailers, generators with lousy over ride mechanisms etc ) : we pretty
much maintained them at the level the army suggested ( 1978-1981 ) however
we did not have power tools. It was not uncommon to see three of us ( each
of us 200-300 lb ) holding the bed of a Deuce, jumping up and down in
unison on a 6' extender to the .... darn, can't remember the name of the
ratchet which is a right angle tool instead of a ratchet.... but we would
often have to work for five minutes this way, the socket 'right angle' tool
supported by a jack stand and us jumping up and down repeatedly to get it
to break loose.

I vote for power tools when dealing with Deuce lug nuts. <g>

             Paul