Re: [MV] M35 ? of the day. Stuff a pencil in it (Ether)

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 15:23:50 PST

Hi All...

If it is NOT OK to use ether to start a deuce, then why are so many
deuces (including mine) fitted with factory-option ether injection
systems?

These systems use tanks that look like the Sears propane torch tanks,
but they have ether in them. You flip a switch on the dash and it
gives a shot of raw ether into the intake manifold. I've never used
mine, but it is there.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com