RE: [MV] Mildocs Scam

From: Glenn Shaw (wolf.star@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 06:55:34 PST

Hi Ken
I heard that access to the search computers has been cancelled due to
security issues. It was a nice feature while it lasted. We may not see
that again like a lot of other things that are changing these days it
seems.

Of course it will impact Mildocs business since they will only be able
to offer manuals which are declassified and in the public domain. If
that feature alone was what prompted you to subscribe then I guess you
will not need Mildocs when your subscription expires. I know Jim Newton
was trying to get it changed but has not had any luck yet. I still find
the manuals useful on Mildocs.

The NSN search can still be performed no problemo using a number of web
sites. However you have to be coming in on a .mil or .gov address,
which is verified.

Later
Glenn