RE: [MV] Diesel Fuel

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 20:14:14 PST

You should be ok at that temp without additives because the fuel
distributors blend the fuel for seasonal/regional temps. I had summer blend
fuel in my truck and took it out last night at 10-15F without problems. I
did fill up with fresh fuel while I was out.

I don't know what temps gelling will occur with winter blend fuel, but if
you are going to use additives, it is recommended to not use additives
containing alcohol, as it suspends the water in the fuel and does not allow
the fuel filter/water separator to do its job.