Re: [MV] M35 tire ?

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 13:36:57 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Brian Seeling" <JBSeeling@cox-internet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] M35 tire ?

> two words: tire cage.
>
> That's what we used when inflating our split-ring tires.
> Basically, you roll the tire into the cage then clip the "air chuck" onto
> the valve stem, and stand back.

One of the old farmer-types who mounted my spare M37 tire on a rim for me
wrapped chains around the uninflated tire and rim combination and then
inflated it. When I'm inflating them on trucks, I try and use a long stalk
inflator chuck and stand well to the side. The 'clip' ones can work too,
but for whatever reason, all the ones I've tried are very fussy as to the
stems they'll clip onto properly.