Re: [MV] M35 tire ?

From: noel shelley (noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 08:36:13 PST

Hi All ,
            I will never forget a press photo of the roof of a building in
which a fellow was inflating a tractor tyre , the phone rang , he went to
answer leaving the tyre still inflating. On his return he went to remove the
air chuck -- In the dust inside the roof was the inprint of a man
spread eagled --The tyre had burst and KILLED him .
EVERY time I inflate a tyre I thank this poor fellow for the warning that
his terrible mistake gives me.
A truck tyre { 10X 20 } at 110 psi , Iam told has a total internal load of
OVER 600 TONS .
On the subject of air and commpressors , A very old single cylinder unit
had a faulty cutout , one day it failed , I entered the building saw the
gauge reading 270 PSI . The tank was last tested in 1945 .
I left the building in haste and cut the power at the meter . Idid not
return for many hours .

                                       NOEL