Re: [MV] M-35 transmission hoist on ebay soon

From: Stephen & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 07:20:56 PST

I have removed the tranny in my CCKW to replace the clutch using
an engine hoist with the door removed and used a chainfall on a 4x4
run in thru the windshield to the back of the seat.

The best way I found for replacing the clutch is to just roll the tranny
back and let the clutch fall out the bottom of the bellhousing. I don't
remember if the whole floor is removeable on an M35, but on a CCKW,
the majority of the floor comes out and so exposes the top of the frame.
I made a rig that bolts onto the transmission and has steel rollers that
ride on the frame. I just tighten the rig up to take the weight of the
tranny
and roll it back on the frame. I replace the clutch and roll it forward
again
and all done. If the M35 floorpan removal exposes the frame rails, or if
the floor could take the weight directly, I am sure you could do the same.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce