Re: [MV] Testing the deuce in the snow

From: John Stewart-Smith (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 09:11:03 PST

> Anyone else have any akward moments while driving
> their deuce? Like getting mixed in with a funeral
> procession for example?
>
> Marc

The last awkward moment in my deuce was when the 4th ID was deploying to
Iraq from Fort Hood. I was parked at the main gate entrance getting base
access stickers for one of my other vehicles when a Channel 36 news team
descended on me with helicopter, vans and cameras. They absolutely refused
to believe that the vehicle was privately owned (no plates), and that I was
retired (flat-top)
When asked to comment about deploying to Iraq, my only statement was "been
there, done that, got the T-shirt"
It aired!

-Sarge