Re: [MV] Testing the deuce in the snow

From: jeffrey J Alberhasky (jalberhasky@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 09:57:53 PST

Back in Aug of 2002 I was picking up a M105 with my M35A2 from the DRMO
at Offutt AFB and was in line at the base gate. I was just about ready
to get out to go get a pass at the gate shack when these Air Force Police
that were inspecting vehicles came up to me and told me to pull out and
go on thru the gate. I just looked at them and they said "Go ahead....
Military Vehicles can go on thru". I then said jokingly, "are you sure.
 This is a civilian truck now" Their faces turned red as a beet when
they realized what they just about let happen!! Some Security!! On the
way back home, heading East on I-80 in Western Iowa, I had a small
convoy pull in behind me and they followed me for about 75 miles before
they figured out I was not part of their convoy. About 6 tractors
pulling 4 axle "Dragon Wagons" loaded with APC,s and Humvees. My Duece
was just screaming at 60 mph and they pulled out around me and blasted on
down the Interstate like I was standing still. No way was I going to
catch them! JJA