Re: [MV] Looking for a few good solenoids!

From: Amnon (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 12:28:47 PST

> What I would like to do is eliminate the check valves and manual return
> valve altogether. I would like to install two 24 volt fuel selector valves
> to route the supply and return fuel lines automatically when I switch the
> selector switch on the dash. Does anyone know of any fuel selector
> valve/solenoids that operate on 24 volts DC and that don't need a high
> differential (pilot)pressure (I think the in tank pumps provide less than 15
> lbs, probably 5 to 7 lbs pressure) Anyone know? I would prefer very high
> quality ones with metal fittings if I can find them. Everything I have seen
> is the cheap plastic 12 volt ones for modern trucks.

Tube from here to there and everywhere. I was thinking of adding a second tank
in the form of a 55gal drum, and the simplest way I figured on doing it was to
just let the drum feed the tank when it gets low, by stopping, walking out,
opening a valve and closing it when the tank was full (gravity fed). Seems like
you have a better setup, in that you can just use the second tank in tank pump,
to push fuel to the main tank, and when the fuel gauge shows full, flip the
switch back off.

Am I missing something?

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan